June 18, 2013

Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork (2013)




Queens of the Stone Age are the undisputed kings of stoner rock and whoever disagrees with this statement is no friend of mine. Now that I got this out of my system, lets talk a little bit about the album, shall we?

This thing works like everything BUT a clock. It's fucking crazy, really. So crazy that I can't help myself but end my. sentences. abruptly. Well, not crazy in a ''headbang-until-you-puke-cocaine'' fashion, but from a lyrical standpoint. Hedonism? Check. Drugs? Check. Slutty girls? Fucking check. Tho' I eventually get  bored of bands who sing about the same things over and over and over again ( I'm looking at you, Red Hot Chili Peppers), somehow I can't get enough of everything Josh Homme releases with all of his 157 bands. There's something about this guy and his music, I don't know. He knows how to make his already famous ''hilbilly-ginger-alpha-male-chain-smoking-badass'' act feel fresh and exciting. Maybe because it's nearly impossible to get bored as a cocaine aficionado, so there's always something to talk about. Even Albert Einstein would say it's ''mathematically impossible'', but hey, I'm not a biologist, so who the hell knows.

Also, Dave Grohl on the drums. 


1 comment:

  1. Except for the fact they are not really stoner rock anymore.

    ReplyDelete