March 16, 2013

The Cooper Temple Clause - Kick Up the Fire, and Let the Flames Break Loose (2003)


That's a mouthful, huh?

Needless to say I'm delving deeply into Marco's territory here, because this type of record is not really music I listen to on a daisy basis. But there are times when I put aside the extreme metal aggression, the eccentricities of well executed prog, the gloominess of doom and all the on-time-hit obscure albums from bands that never made it big; I put them aside and listen to an album such as this one, riddled with grunge tributes, indie flavor and electronica touch-ups.

I can't really give a proper opinion about it, just that I really like all of the things mixed up in this record and that somehow it reminds me of Placebo.

And nobody hates Placebo (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment