February 24, 2013

Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam (2013)


Suffocation's new album was on my list of the most anticipated metal albums of 2013 but truth be told, I never got terribly excited over it. Call it gut feeling if you will, but I didn't expect to like it that much. But hey, it's a new Suffocation album, you HAVE to take notice of it.

Unfortunately, I wasn't wrong about Pinnacle of Bedlam. I don't like it at all. All of the songs sound pretty much the same - like cookie-cutter, run-of-the-mill generic brutal death metal. I honestly think that if you took off the Suffocation logo and replaced it with any other death metal band's logo, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Everything sounds so fucking bland and there are no hooks, no memorable solos or riffs, nothing. The album just chugs along, song after song, and by the time it's over you've forgotten all about it.

I'm seriously disappointed with this album, but most people seem to like it, so maybe there's something wrong with me. I make it a point not to write about any albums I hate on TZEEEAC, but seeing as I was claiming to be excited for it to come out, I figured I should follow up with my impressions. Oh well. Hope the other albums on my list turn out better.

Feels bad man.


No comments:

Post a Comment