November 12, 2012

Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree (2005)


This morning I woke up with an insatiable craving for that old Fall Out Boy song called Sugar, We're Going Down. I'm not sure where this urge came from, but I suspect it has something to do with me reading nothing but Stuff You Will Hate for the past few days and its many references to Fall Out Boy and Pete Wenz's dick.

Anyway, I'm not a man  to deny myself any pleasures. I have a rather hedonistic approach on life. So if I wake up feeling like listening to some joyful pop punk, then by God, this is exactly what I'm gonna do. I wasn't familiar with their 2005 album, From Under the Cork Tree, except for two songs which I loved back when I had MTV 2 on the TV. Namely, Dance Dance and the aforementioned Sugar, We're Going Down. Turns out, the rest of the album is pretty kickass, as well, with 13 songs full of joy, happiness and positive attitude that made my morning trip to the bank a pleasure. That dude's voice is awesome, by the way. I always hated his stupid haircut, though, and his glasses. I don't even think they're prescription glasses, but whatever. Also, I liked their cute/clever song titles, like Champagne for My Real Friends, Real Pain for My Sham Friends, I Slept with Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me or Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued. So cute, right?!

I'm dead serious about this, too. It might just be nostalgia for a time when I was an indie rocker like Marco, but Fall Out Boy are pretty tight. You should get down from your pedestal and listen to them. Or don't, whatever.




No comments:

Post a Comment