May 13, 2012

Marduk - Heaven Shall Burn... When We Are Gathered (1996)


So Diablo III is out in a couple of days and I'm not gonna be able to play it, since I blew all my money on a five-day booze/grilled meat-fueled vacation two weeks ago and now I'm pretty much broke. NO REGRETS. The hype is creeping up on me, though, especially after having played the open beta and really enjoying it, so I did the only thing I could do - I reinstalled Diablo II. I think I'm gonna give the necromancer a spin this time. Never mind that final exams are starting tomorrow and I don't know anything about anything - Diablo must once again be destroyed!

So yeah, on a totally unrelated note, here's Marduk's 1996 effort, Heaven Shall Burn... When We Are Gathered. I'm sure everyone loves the cover art, depicting poorly drawn goblins or orcs or whatever besieging a castle on a grim purple evening, as I'm also sure everyone agrees that vocalist Legion had a great set of pipes. His voice had a distinct, corrosive quality to it, was black as tar and fit perfectly with the music, giving birth to some of Marduk's most memorable work. Seriously, Dracul Va Domni din Nou in Transilvania still gives me the creeps.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment