March 24, 2012

Cannibal Corpse - Encased in Concrete (Video)


This is what happens when you don't get your writing done in the morning. You get swamped by a whole bunch of stuff that also needs doing and before you know it, you need to go out and you still haven't managed to contribute anything today to keep the blog momentum going. And then you end up with half-assed posts like this one. Meh.

Anyway, I'm guessing a lot of people have heard the new Cannibal Corpse record and, while it's not exactly mindblowing or redefining any genres, it's a totally solid slab of no-bullshit death metal that sees Corpsegrinder and the gang hammering away in the style that defined and continues to define them. I won't start making comparisons between Torture and their earlier works because, frankly, I'm not a die-hard Cannibal Corpse fan and I don't care enough about their lenghty output, but suffice it to say that their new record is getting quite a bunch of spins on my iPod.

What I really appreciated, though, was how they made a video for a song off Torture called Encased in Concrete and the video is about a guy getting encased in concrete. I love it when a band manages to be this honest to its fans and deliver exactly what they say on the box. Enjoy this great, epilepsy-inducing video below while I get ready to go stuff my face with delicious barbecue and knock back a couple of beers. That beer gut isn't gonna grow itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment